“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing”
1. Skinny dipping
Get out of your comfort zone and do something crazy! Look for a secluded area, preferably early morning or at night when there’s not a lot of people around (the pool in your backyard does not count). Take off your clothes giggling as you run to the water and dive in head first. Make out a little. Give one another a high five for accomplishing something fun and crazy together.
2. DIY gift exchange
The best time to do this is on Valentine’s Day. What’s more romantic than giving a gift that says “I poured my heart out working on this for you because you’re special.” Here are some gift ideas from Homemade Gifts Made Easy to inspire you:
3. Watch the sunset
4. Binge watch an entire season
Schedule a weekend for this. Prep all necessities like popcorn and candy, drinks, blanket, napkins (‘cause at one point or another there will be some crying when a character dies– someone always does), and condoms. You know, just in case.
Great romantic comedies for binge watching:
5. Create a new tradition
Spice up your everyday routine with a fun new tradition. Think outside the “date-night” box. Here are some ideas:
- DIY each other’s “ugly” Christmas sweater
- Ghost hunting in haunted houses on Halloween
- Put all your coins and change in an “Adventure Jar” and see where that money takes you after a year of collecting
6. Try each other’s hobbies
It’s always fun to see your better half embarrass themselves trying something that comes natural to you. And it’s always a joy to please the one you love.
7. Take a YouTube cooking class
Why pay for a cooking class when you can YouTube it for free?!
Here’s a video that can knock out 2 items from your couple’s bucket list:
8. Go a day without technology
You’ll actually be forced to talk and listen to each other, like, forreal quality time. Imagine that?
9. Learn a new sport together
Play a sport that neither of you have ever tried before. Or better yet, play a sport that neither of you have ever heard of before.
- Pooh Sticks // Made famous by Winnie-the-Pooh and friends. Players drop their sticks from a bridge over a moving stream. The player whose stick arrives at the end of the stream first is the winner. Believe it or not, this simple game has become an annual event, with Champions and everything! But most importantly, it raises money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)
10. Romantic indoor fort
The most romantic part about this is building it together.
11. Take an unplanned road trip together with no predetermined destination
Fill up your gas tank and hit the road! Everything you need is already in the car with you.
12. Play in the rain
13. Make a couple’s time capsule
Set a date to close the capsule and a date to open it 10-20 years into the future. You’ll be surprised at how much you’ve changed, or haven’t changed. You’ll feel proud of how much you’ve accomplished. You’ll laugh at how awkward you looked when at the time you thought you were the sh***. At the very least, you’ll be reminded of fond memories that have been forgotten.
Things to put in capsule:
- Memorabilia from a special trip you took together
- Most recent photos
- Something personal
- Couple’s Bucket List
- Love letter to each other
- Wish List for each other
14. Carve your names into a tree
15. Act like tourists at a place you frequent
Be silly for a day and role play. Be the funny looking tourists with the funny hat and fanny pack and take photos like there’s no tomorrow. You’ll be surprised at what you discover when looking at it from a different perspective.
16. Prepare a romantic picnic
17. Play hookie from work
Be spontaneous and call out sick for a day. Leave your daily routine behind and take a little adventure away from reality.
18. Push each other on a cart at a grocery store
Believe it or not, this childish game of pushing each other in a grocery cart is pretty exhilarating. But it’s kind of the whole point–acting like children with no worries in the world other than if you’re going to crash into a pile of canned beans or toilet paper.
19. Make a funny video together
20. Do a #followmeto challenge
Murad Osmann and his wife Nataly Osmann made popular the #followmeto movement when Murad snapped a candid photo of his wife taking his hand as she leads him to…practically everywhere now. Follow them at @muradosmann @natalyosmann @followmeto on Instagram.