A worthy Las Vegas detour – Valley of Fire State Park
BUCKET LIST #28: Tour the Valley Of Fire
Not all those who wonder are lost.
It’s amazing how time can take a toll on nature and leave it with extraordinary creations. I have been blown away by award-winning architecture and manmade spectacles, but I have never seen such beauty than that of natural sandstones.
- Approximately 58 miles north of Las Vegas (about an hour drive)
- The park covers 35,000 acres of land and sandstone
- There is an East and West entrance with 10.5 miles of scenic drive in between
- $10 entrance fee for each car
- Hiking trails and camp grounds available. Visit site for more details.
Valley of Fire